About the role and company
At Mero, we are bringing transparency to the commercial real estate industry. Our platform combines hardware and software, empowering buildings to minimize their environmental impact, control costs, and help the world return safely to public spaces. Mero is relied upon by millions of square feet of space around the world, including hospitals, offices, stadiums, and airports. Mero’s mission is to foster beautiful, healthy, and sustainable urban environments for all.
We are looking for experienced designers who love innovating traditional industries and creating beautiful experiences that delight users’ lives. The ideal candidate is someone who has a genuine passion for bridging design with business and technology, conducting user interviews and is obsessed with tools that change the way people think about work. The candidate will become intimately familiar with the full product development lifecycle at Mero and have a choice of tools to build the most optimal user experience. The designer will have an opportunity to grow as a leader amongst some of Canada’s fastest-growing companies.
- 2-5+ years accumulated experience in UI/UX design
- High level of comfort with Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, and prototyping tools such as InVision, Flinto and more
- Able to identify customer needs to derive new features through design thinking, user research, and user interviews
- Bring a focus on an “end-to-end” product experience, from on-boarding, mobile/web interfaces, and day-to-day product usage
- Great communication skills, able to quickly and effectively communicate ideas to management
- Understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and design practices tailored for efficient development
- Knowledge of A/B testing, rapid prototyping, and the design thinking process
- Construction of brand assets, icons, illustrations, decks and other visual assets
- HTML/CSS Experience is an asset
What Will Make You Successful in This Role
- You are always reading on the latest digital trends, and understand deeply how users interact with digital experiences
- You possess a high level of empathy and understanding for others
- You are curious and want to make an impact on the world
What we offer:
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A top-of-market competitive compensation package
- Remote first, with the option to work in-person at a modern office in Downtown Toronto
- Health and wellness benefits
- Flexible work schedules
- A great team dynamic - with a small but mighty team, you will get to know everyone quickly, and everyone is willing to pitch in when needed.
- The ability to work with more than just pixels; a physical product in the world that impacts thousands of lives