Field Service Technician (Full-Time)
Mero is becoming the leading building cleanliness technology in North America. The platform combines hardware and software to allow buildings to minimize their environmental impact, control costs and help the world return safely to public spaces. Mero is relied upon by millions of square feet of space around the world, including hospitals, offices, stadiums and airports. Mero’s mission is to foster beautiful, healthy and sustainable urban environments for all. We are changing the way buildings are managed.
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for managing technical installations and deployments of hardware in our customer sites. They will be a critical component of customer onboarding, ensuring that Mero’s system is functioning well and that customers are getting the value they expect from the product. Basic technical expertise with modems, networking, cabling and protocols such as WiFi and Bluetooth are a requirement.
As an early employee, this is a great opportunity for a candidate who is entrepreneurial, self-driven, and motivated, and for exceptional candidates, long-term employment will be considered.
- Install, repair and troubleshoot Mero wireless, battery-powered sensor devices on customer sites (including corporate offices and commercial spaces).
- Service and respond to triaged work orders to attend to sensors on site around the GTA.
- Coordinate with building operations and security in order to access commercial buildings, including airports
- Work with wireless networking equipment utilizing BLE, WiFi, LTE, LoRA (LPWAN)and more.
- Maintain inventory and company supplies with a high level of detail.
- Problem-solving ability and ability to make rationalized decisions in many contexts, as field deployments with/without supervision will be expected.
- High degree of comfort with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to follow documentation practices.
- Capable of traveling to various work sites within the GTA.
- A valid drivers’ license is a requirement, as well as a personal vehicle (all car expenses will be reimbursed by the company).
- Ability to communicate with both business and technical development teams and/or project managers is a must.
What Will Make You Successful in This Role
- You are curious about how things in general, or technology works
- You enjoy solving problems by troubleshooting and figuring out how to make things work.
- You possess a desire to delight customers. You are never satisfied until the customer is satisfied.
- You are an energetic individual who likes to move around instead of sitting behind a desk.
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package in addition to reasonable compensation for travel and parking fees will be provided.
- A great team dynamic - with a small but mighty team, you will get to know everyone quickly, and everyone is willing to pitch in when needed.
- Opportunity to build upon existing communication skills as a direct link to our customer base.
- Flexible hours.
- Opportunity to gain valuable experience in setting up large scale network of sensors.