About the role and company
At Mero, we are a Smart Building Management startup, bringing transparency to the commercial real estate industry. Our platform combines hardware and software, empowering buildings to minimize their environmental impact, control costs, and help the world return safely to public spaces. Mero is relied upon by millions of square feet of space around the world, including hospitals, offices, stadiums, and airports. Mero’s mission is to foster beautiful, healthy, and sustainable urban environments for all.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our team and help design, manage and improve the future of cleaning routes. Alongside another experienced data scientist, the candidate will help improve insights and data reporting in both the Mero platform and product. If optimization problems like the traveling salesman problem excite you, you’re the candidate for this job!
- Help build the foundation of the Mero IoT data platform
- Work hands on developing algorithms used to turn raw Mero sensor data into valuable insights and data patterns
- Develop algorithms for cleaner route generation
- Collaborate with sales and product development teams in order to adapt to company and customer needs
- Undertake data collection, processing and analysis
- Build predictive models and machine learning algorithms
- Proficiency in database management using SQL and Python is a must
- Passionate about algorithm based optimization problems
- Self-initiator and quick learner to stay on the cutting edge of data science techniques and technologies
- Wants to see their work make a difference in a rapidly developing field
- Strong quantitative and analytical mind and background
- Great communication skills, able to quickly and effectively communicate ideas to management
- Experience with data engineering platforms such as Kafka, Hadoop and Spark is a plus!
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts is highly desirable
- Familiarity with python libraries such as Tensorflow, Keras, Matplotlib, Scikitlearn, Pytorch, etc. is highly desirable