Business Development Representative
About the role and company
At Mero, we are bringing transparency to the commercial real estate industry. Our platform combines hardware and software, empowering buildings to minimize their environmental impact, control costs, and help the world return safely to public spaces. Mero is relied upon by millions of square feet of space around the world, including hospitals, offices, stadiums, and airports. Mero’s mission is to foster beautiful, healthy, and sustainable urban environments for all.
As a Business Development Representative, you will be the backbone of our sales engine by creating new business opportunities for our Account Executives. You will be responsible for engaging and building relationships with our customers in the commercial real estate industry. You will be extremely metrics-driven, and eager to succeed to bring value to customers. After on-boarding you will know our products inside and out to communicate the purpose and value to new prospective customers.
- Be the lead generation engine for the company, populating lists through LinkedIn or other tools
- Qualify leads from lead gen or B2B marketing campaigns
- Outreach to potential customers through cold calling, cold email, or in-person networking
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly reports of sales to your Account Executive
- Build authentic relationships with customers and become a champion for their problem and use case
- Understand and listen to customer needs, and interface with product team with any customer feedback collected
- General knowledge and experience within B2B SaaS Sales, Commercial Real Estate, Property Management, or other relevant fields
- Experience in an outbound sales environment (cold calling, email and social outreach) is an asset
- Lead generation experience with various tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator or ZoomInfo
- Experience using CRM tools such as Hubspot is an asset
- Leverage tools and technology in a strategic and effective way
Who will be successful in this role?
- A life-long learner who prioritizes learning and development with the mindset to improve yourself everyday
- Someone who loves to win and hustles to ensure success; who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and doesn’t fade under pressure
- A strategic thinker and problem-solver who can overcome challenges, on-the-fly, in a thoughtful and meaningful way
- A team player who understands that sales is a team sport and, in order to build something special, we need to make each other better
- A person of high integrity; who gets things done while also doing it the right way with a customer-first attitude
- An advocate with a passion for health, wellness and driving innovation
Why work at Mero?
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A top-of-market competitive compensation package, including commissions
- Work with both digital and physical products, shaping the future of smart building management and IoT
- Remote first, with the option to work in-person at a modern office in Downtown Toronto (candidates preferred to be able to commute to Toronto at least 1-2 days per week)
- Health and wellness benefits
- Flexible work schedules
- A great team dynamic - with a small but mighty team, you will get to know everyone quickly, and everyone is willing to pitch in when needed