Smart buildings have long been hailed as the future of commercial property management. Technologically equipped buildings have the potential to enhance tenant wellness and user experience, as well as support sustainability efforts. While the idea of a smart building has always been alluring, there has been little incentive for properties to equip their buildings with sensing technology and analytical tools in the past.
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) is a leading commercial Real Estate Industry association committed to developing and promoting best management practices, best known for its BOMA BEST program where it has certified over 3,100 buildings globally displaying property management excellence and practices.
After decades of success with BOMA BEST Sustainable Buildings, BOMA is unveiling a new BOMA BEST Smart Building certification program. The Smart Building certification will set a global standard for how smart buildings are measured and certified to drive tenant experience, and sustainability.
The BOMA BEST Smart Building certification program will guide owners and managers on digital transformation within the site to optimize operations, create unique user experiences, drive sustainability, and deliver financial value to stakeholders and customers. This program is currently being rolled out across Canada, United States and Mexico, and is a sign that the future of smart buildings is finally here.
Across the globe, multiple smart building certifications have been established including LEED certifications and SPIRE™ Smart Building Assessment powered by UL and Telecommunications Industry Association. BOMA’s Smart Building certification shows the commitment the commercial real estate industry is taking towards implementing ROI-generating technology, and how critical the fields of cybersecurity, energy efficiency, health and sustainability are to tenants and owners.
Mero, a smart building technology provider, can provide the solutions necessary to execute efficient and automated processes for commercial cleaning. The initial test site, 745 Thurlow, in Vancouver, BC will be a testing ground for Mero’s smart washroom solution, improving the profitability of the building through increased cleaning efficiency. The end result will be improved tenant experience and improved energy management of a landmark building in the QuadReal portfolio, and in the Vancouver skyline.
BOMA BEST Smart Buildings are set to be the industry benchmark, defining how building owners and managers can leverage technology to realize further value in building assets. Mero’s advanced loT platform and dynamic cleaning solutions can bring your property one step closer to achieving this certification. Click here to learn more.
- What You Need To Know About the BOMA BEST Smart Building Certification Program
- Smart Building Technology For a More Productive and Efficient Cleaning Workforce
- What You Need to Know About a Partner Unified User Experience
- Mero-enabled buildings win the prestigious BOMA Toronto TOBY Award
- Mero Technologies and PremiseHQ SaaS Inc. launch a partnership, taking a step toward streamlined and actionable data collection for property managers
- The Importance of Data Interoperability: 8 Experts Weigh In
- What You Need to Know About COVID-19 Critical Sanitary Supply
- Improving Wellness, Sustainability & Efficiency in Smart Buildings
- Less Busy, More Vital: Commercial Cleaning Solutions in the Age of COVID-19
- Real-time cleaning technologies shaping the future of sanitized travel
- Introducing: Comfort by Mero
- Switching to Figma, a Sketch user's perspective
- Our new look
- How smart companies will protect their employees
- From Mero: We’re here for you
- We should all be creating more — and talking less
- In defence of millennials: Why the young and hungry are the best leaders for businesses
- Mental Health and Entrepreneurship
- What's Next at Mero