Mero Technologies collaborates with CleanSlate UV to bring loT technology to hospitals enabling data-driven decisions
Toronto, Ontario - Mero Technologies, an loT company providing smart utilization to commercial properties has announced a collaboration with CleanSlate UV to enable intelligent hygiene within hospitals.
Mero is developing and manufacturing a cleanliness platform, including an IoT-enabled sensor for soap and hand sanitizer dispensers to assure timely replenishment of supplies and data into cleanliness. The Mero sensors allow for evaluation of hand hygiene compliance in collaboration with CleanSlate UV, significantly enhancing the functionality of the joint solution.
In healthcare facilities, an average of 1 in 4 mobile devices are contaminated with pathogenic bacteria, emphasizing the need to not only sanitize your hands but also your devices. CleanSlate UV employs UV-C light to eliminate 99.9998% of bacteria and viruses without damaging devices. The solution takes 20 seconds and prompts users to sanitize their hands at the same time.
Increasing hand hygiene compliance is the simplest and most effective way to prevent and control the spread of hospital acquired infections (HAI). On any given day, about 1 in 31 patients have at least one HAI that could have been prevented and can incur costs on average three times greater than uninfected patients.
CleanSlate UV is a rapidly growing biosafety startup in Toronto, having raised Series A funding and now employs over 50 hires to provide commercial-grade UV disinfection products for buildings. Mero is growing on a similarly fast trajectory, having recently raised a Seed round of financing. The collaboration with CleanSlateUV allows them to further their cleanliness data platform to critical verticals such as healthcare and transportation.
A collaboration with Mero enables sensor deployment in soap and hand sanitizers, broadening the applicability of loT technology to a hospital environment. This innovative, collaborative solution has been deployed to CleanSlate UV’s client base at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital.
Throughout the pilot of this partnership, CleanSlate UV and Mero have already been able to show amazing initial results:
- 54-110% increase in hand hygiene events within an 80 ft radius of the CleanSlate units. The Mero sensors were able to determine hand hygiene compliance with very little installation complexity.
- >250% increase in hand sanitizer usage directly adjacent to the CleanSlate compared to baseline. Mero sensors were able to provide this valuable data to hospitals.
- 52% reduction in hand hygiene events when the CleanSlate was removed, proving both a positive and negative correlation between CSUV and hand hygiene. Mero sensors were able to provide this information.
“Hand hygiene and hygiene compliance have always been vital safety measures in healthcare facilities. Our new technology, enabled by Mero, will allow us to actively track and report on hand hygiene habits. This has already enabled our partners to improve their overall hand hygiene in their hospitals and increase the number of synchronized hand and device hygiene sanitization actions.” said Taylor Mann, Co-founder and CEO, CleanSlate UV.
“Now more than ever the public understands how something as simple as hand hygiene compliance protects themselves, their loved ones and their communities from infection,” said Nathan Mah, Co-Founder, Mero. “We’re thrilled to provide our sensing solutions to CleanSlateUV to further continue our mission of creating beautiful, sustainable and safe spaces. We are excited to expand our mission to the healthcare vertical.”
About Mero Technologies: Mero Technologies is an IoT company providing smart labor allocation and supply utilization to commercial property managers powered by smart sensing technology. Their vision is to optimize the way buildings perform day-to-day cleaning maintenance. Their products are deployed across 100+ buildings globally. Mero is headquartered in Toronto, ON. For more information, please visit https://mero.co
About CleanSlate UV: CleanSlate UV is a biosafety company creating the next generation of intelligent UV sanitization solutions. The patented technology leverages the power of UV-C light to kill the most dangerous bacteria and viruses without damaging devices. CleanSlate UV units have been installed in 1600+ locations and have sanitized over 80 million devices. The company is headquartered in Toronto, ON with offices in Buffalo, NY and partners worldwide. For more information, visit www.cleanslateuv.com.
- Mero Technologies Announces a Partnership with CleanSlate UV
- ICYMI: Nathan Mah, Co-Founder of Mero, sits down with Mayuran Yogarajah of Index Exchange in a Fireside Chat
- Mero Technologies Announces a Partnership with Poppy to Provide Advanced Solutions for Safe Return-to-Work
- Mero Technologies Closes Seed Round to Improve Cleanliness of Commercial Buildings
- What You Need To Know About the BOMA BEST Smart Building Certification Program
- Smart Building Technology For a More Productive and Efficient Cleaning Workforce
- What You Need to Know About a Partner Unified User Experience
- Mero-enabled buildings win the prestigious BOMA Toronto TOBY Award
- Mero Technologies and PremiseHQ SaaS Inc. launch a partnership, taking a step toward streamlined and actionable data collection for property managers
- The Importance of Data Interoperability: 8 Experts Weigh In
- What You Need to Know About COVID-19 Critical Sanitary Supply
- Improving Wellness, Sustainability & Efficiency in Smart Buildings
- Less Busy, More Vital: Commercial Cleaning Solutions in the Age of COVID-19
- Real-time cleaning technologies shaping the future of sanitized travel
- Introducing: Comfort by Mero
- Switching to Figma, a Sketch user's perspective
- Our new look
- How smart companies will protect their employees
- From Mero: We’re here for you
- We should all be creating more — and talking less
- In defence of millennials: Why the young and hungry are the best leaders for businesses
- Mental Health and Entrepreneurship
- What's Next at Mero